In recognition of the importance of student input and involvement, the IUC Administration and IUC Student Association have created a system of mandatory community service hours. We believe that such a system is in the spirit of the IUC, not only as an academic institution, but as a community. These community service hours will be managed by students with the intention of providing services for the community by the community.
This IUC peer based community service structure is aimed at empowering students to transform their theoretical knowledge into practical tools by experiencing direct engagement in civic society through the local IUC community. We believe that such an approach is critical to fostering an environment of intellectual self determination and leadership.
The IUC offers students the opportunity to be involved in the broader intellectual life of the College through projects which bring together administration, faculty and students.
- Student Resource Database: scholarship, internships, and academic programs (PhD and Master Programs) for students
- IUC Networking Project: expanding relationship with present and potential partner institutions and IUC alumni and scholarly networks
- Research Assistant Program
- International Human Rights Clinic
- Annual IUCSA Student Project